GEAR GRINDERZ 2022
KIDS + BIKES = AWESOME
Finally! Summer-like weather is here, and a young person's heart turns to mountain biking.
Gear Grinderz is back for another year! It's an instructional program for elementary school aged kids, focused on foundational skills and confidence building on a mountain bike. Foundational skills include hand and pedal placement, controlling the bike using bike/body separation, and rolling over obstacles. Kids will practice skills, then master them during a guided ride.
We'll have three two-class sessions this summer:
- June 11th & 25th
- July 9th & 23rd
- August 6th & 20th
Other details include:
- Class meets on Saturday at 9:30 and lasts two hours.
- Ten participant maximum. Sorry, but those are the rules.
- BYOB - bring your own bike.
- Class meets at the Maple Hill trailhead.
- We'll spend the first part of class practicing a new skill and the second half riding in our small groups.
- Parents may ride along.
- We're not teaching how to ride a bike. We're teaching mountain bike skills.
- Of course helmets are required.
- Cost is $30.
- Please call the Romence shop to sign up 269-324-5555
- Students MUST provide a completed waiver prior to instruction. Download it here.